Schmidt Awarded Snidow Award
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — National Junior Hereford Association (NJHA) member Erick Schmidt, Gonzales, Texas, was awarded the B.C. “Bud” Snidow Award Jan. 16 during the National Western Stock Show in Denver.
The Snidow Award is sponsored by the American Hereford Women (AHW) and is given annually to a deserving NJHA member who exemplifies the qualities most admired by Snidow, including honesty, fairness, hard work, enthusiasm and dedication to the Hereford breed and its breeders.
Bob Harrell, American Hereford Association president, presented Erick with a belt buckle prior to the selection of the champion horned female, recognizing him as this year’s winner.
Erick is working toward his bachelor’s degree in animal science with a minor in ag business at Texas A&M University. He plans to pursue a master’s degree and then a doctorate in reproductive physiology. The Texas Junior Hereford Association advisors wrote: “Erick is a well-rounded man that has manners and respect for both youth and adults. He possesses Hereford enthusiasm, loyalty, honesty and fairness just like Mr. Snidow.”
- Layco Hired as Certified Hereford Beef LLC Director of Retail Marketing
- Hereford Offers Internships, Ambassador Program
- Hereford Champions Selected in Reno
- Deana Jak Farms Matches Donation to Support Hereford Youth and Future Junior National Hereford Expos
- Montana Hereford Feeder Calf Sale Success Continues
- Hereford Activities in Denver Planned