Each spring following the genetic analysis a Sire Summary is produced, which includes a listing of all active sires. The summary also includes an explanation of EPDs, genetic trends, heritability estimates, trait correlations, and percentile breakdown of EPDs.
- 2013 Spring Sire Summary - Preface
- 2013 Spring Sire Summary - Proven Sires (90 pages)
- 2013 Spring Sire Summary - Reference Sires (26 pages)
- 2013 Spring Sire Summary - Young Sires (73 pages)
- 2013 Spring Sire Summary - Carcass Sires (77 pages)
The Advisor Handbook including 2014 JNHE contest updates is now online. >> Download now.
For 2013, 2,386 Hereford cows from 679 Hereford performance herds in 43 states earned the honor of being named a Dam of Distinction by the American Hereford Association (AHA). Click here for a full report.
Herefords took center stage in Denver during the National Western Stock Show. It was an exciting week with C Miles McKeee being named Supreme Champion, the Mile High Night Sale grossing $1.1 million and the Lot 1 Foundation Female selling for $125,000 to suppot Hereford youth. Press releases are now available online and complete results can be found at Hereford.org.