Sims, Owen Show Winning Junior National Hereford Expo Bulls
INDIANAPOLIS — Mark Sims, Elgin, Okla., exhibited the grand champion bred-and-owned bull and Randa Owen, Ft. Payne, Ala., showed the reserve champion at the 11th annual VitaFerm® Junior National Hereford Expo in Indianapolis July 8.
Judge John Rayfield, College Station, Texas, said he was impressed with the quality and consistency of the 57 bulls exhibited. “Each brings a lot of positives to the table,” he said. “These bulls are going to get out and work, and are sound and functional. They will contribute to the industry.”
Sims’ MCS 533P Ozzman 802 ET, a September 2008 son of STAR Bright Future 533P ET, showed with expected progeny differences (EPDs) of birth weight (BW) 5.2, weaning weight (WW) 58, yearling weight (YW) 96, milk (MM) 24 and milk & growth (M&G) 53.
Owen led RRO Man of Romance 9104 ET to the reserve champion title. He is a September 2009 son of BR DM CSF Wallace ET and showed with EPDs of BW 5.3, WW 48, YW 88, MM 15 and M&G 39.
- Natural Service Sires Born After Jan. 1 2011 Need a DNA Profile
- Bolin Hired as Hereford Junior Activities Intern, Hanson Serving as Marketing Intern
- GE-EPD update
- Following Her Heart: CHB Distinguished Chef Robbi Jenkins followed her passion to a life in the culinary world
- AHA Announces 2012 Dams, Sires of Distinction
- Denver Champions Selected