AHA Announces Fall 2010 Gold TPR Breeders
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Eleven dedicated Hereford breeders achieved Gold TPRTM (Total Performance Records) status for fall 2010, according to the American Hereford Association (AHA).
The Gold TPR Breeder recognition is presented to progressive Hereford breeders who have measured traits and collected and promptly submitted performance data at all levels of production.
“The reason the Gold TPR program was established was to recognize those breeders who go the extra mile to collect data at all levels of production and report that data in a timely manner,” says AHA Chief Operating Officer and Director of Breed Improvement Jack Ward.
Since the program’s inception in 2005, Hereford breeders have increased their data collection efforts.
Breeders must meet a specific set of requirements in order to be eligible for the program. They are:
• Herd inventory submitted prior to date inventory surcharge goes into effect.
• Complete reporting of calving ease and reproductive status for each dam on inventory.
• Complete reporting of birth weights for all live calves recorded in the calf crop.
• Complete reporting of weaning weights for all live calves recorded in the calf crop.
• Complete reporting of yearling weights for all live calves recorded in the calf crop.
• Complete reporting of scrotal measurements for each bull calf with a recorded yearling weight.
• Ultrasound data reported on 25% or more of the calf crop.
The following Hereford breeders were recognized as fall 2010 Gold TPR Breeders:
- Bay Brook Farm, Dabneys, Va.
- David and Juanita Jennings, Rogers, Ark.
- Knoll Crest Farm, Red House, Va.
- EL Mobley, Fairdealing, Mo.
- NS Polled Herefords, Shaker Heights, Ohio
- Oleen Bros., Dwight, Kan.
- Gino Pedretti, El Nido, Calif.
- Shaw Cattle Co. Inc., Caldwell, Idaho
- Texas 2T Farm, Nacogdoches, Texas
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Va.
- William Woodard & Sons, Springfield, Tenn.
The American Hereford Association, with headquarters in Kansas City, Mo., is one of the largest U.S. beef breed associations. The not-for-profit organization along with its subsidiaries — Certified Hereford Beef (CHB) LLC, Hereford Publications Inc. (HPI) and American Beef Records Association (ABRA) — provides programs and services for its members and their customers, while promoting the Hereford breed and supporting education, youth and research. For more information about the Association, visit Hereford.org.
- The Harvest II Event Registration Now Open to Support Hereford Youth
- Faces of Leadership: PRIDE Convention Registration now Open
- AHA Offers Blood Cards for Members to Submit DNA Testing Samples
- AHA Announces 2015 Dams, Sires of Distinction
- Santoro Named CHB Northeast Region Brand Manager
- Hereford Scholarship, Award Applications Due April 1