Beeson Honored with Poll-ette of the Year Award
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Bev Beeson, Wayne, Neb., was chosen the 2009 National Organization of Poll-ettes (NOP) Poll-ette of the Year during the American Hereford Association Annual Meeting in Kansas City Oct. 31.
Each year the NOP recognizes an outstanding member for her leadership, promotion of polled Hereford cattle and commitment to advancement of the breed. This award is symbolized by a custom-made gold medallion awarded to each recipient.
Bev is a longtime Hereford enthusiast, awarded with the prestigious Hereford Herdsman Award in 1966, the first woman ever given the honor.
She helped to organize the Nebraska Poll-ette Association in 1965, served as vice president and has been instrumental in the fund-raising process for Nebraska youth.
For 37 years she has made and hand tooled a leather banner for each Nebraska state queen. The banners are a lifelong memento for each queen to keep and display proudly.
Bev is also a member of the First Presbyterian Church, and has been a beef club 4-H leader for 15 years.
She and her husband, Jack, have been married for more than 52 years and have one son, Jock. Bev is very active and involved on the ranch, helping manage and tend to the cattle.
The first runner-up was Ruth Espenscheid, Argyle, Wis., and the second runner-up was the late Patsy Ann Workman, Whitesboro, Texas.
For pictures and additional news releases, visit www.herefordphotoshop.com/media. Enter “Hereford09” when prompted for a password.
- Hereford Youth Head to Wisconsin for Junior National Expo
- New Mexico Producers Meet to Discuss Hereford Genetics and Marketing Programs
- Certified Hereford Beef and National Beef Packing Sign Value-Added Program Agreement
- The Harvest II Event Registration Now Open to Support Hereford Youth
- Faces of Leadership: PRIDE Convention Registration now Open
- AHA Offers Blood Cards for Members to Submit DNA Testing Samples