Authorized User FAQ
These levels of search capability are for Hereford breeders who demand more comprehensive data search capabilities and personal account tracking. Anyone can sign up for one of these accounts which can provide detailed searches within your own herd as well as across the entire web searchable database. Here are a few facts about what the AHA internet accounts have to offer.
What / Who are Authorized Users?
Authorized users are individuals, ranches, farms, companies, etc. who have set up an AHA Internet account with the American Hereford Association. These accounts do not provide you with Internet access and the Association is not an internet service provider (ISP). Access to the internet will be required to utilize these accounts.
Who qualifies to set up an AHA Internet account?
Anyone with an active customer account is eligible to set up an AHA internet account. You are not required to be an actual member to set up an account. If you are not sure whether you have an active customer account with the AHA, please see the section below about signing up.
What are the benefits of having an AHA internet account?
The primary benefit you will find in setting up an AHA Internet account today, is that you will have access to an online report of your herd's EPDs for active sires, active dams and calf crops from your herd. Additionally, the association provides new, convenient services through the use of the AHA Internet accounts in the future. A sample of these services include unprecedented access to the AHA animal and EPD database, download facilities for data files from your herd to use with on-farm herd management software, on-line registrations and additional on-line reports, which are “printed and mailed” to you today, preventing delays in getting the information you need.
Why should I set up an AHA Internet account?
You will want to set up an AHA Internet account today to make sure you are ready to take advantage of current and new online services as soon as they are available. Additionally, these on-line accounts will allow the association to more effectively communicate with you in a quicker, more effective manner.
What does it cost to set up an AHA internet account?
For the Basic Account user level, nothing! It is absolutely free!! The only requirements are that you have an active customer account and that you provide the association with a valid email address that we may use to provide you important updates and other association information.
How do I sign up?
All you need to do to sign up is send us an email at accts@Hereford.org giving us your customer account number, Name, postal address and email address. If you wish to subscribe to the Enhanced user level, please indicate so in your message. If you are unsure of your customer account number or are not sure if you have an active customer account, please provide us with your phone number and zip code as well. We will process your request and reply to you with an email providing you with directions on how to get started using your new AHA internet account. If you have any questions in the future regarding your AHA internet account please use the email address mentioned above.
Enhanced Account Users:
The ultimate in information gathering capability. The Enhanced Account user level is a subscription-based service which is activated upon payment of the Annual Member Service Fee. Enhanced Users have access to the following additional features:
Expanded Search criteria:
• Calving Years(s): makes looking for specific animals more sensitive (e.g. progeny searches)
• Breeder Location: makes looking for animals bred in specific states possible (use multiple states to create a region)
Expanded Details in Search Results:
• Progeny Views: Quick view of all progeny of an animal or view by herd with general or specific search criteria to help you zero in on certain herds.
• Pedigree Views: Interactive three generation pedigree of every animal encountered in the database.
• Lifetime Dam Production Summaries for females owned by the breeder in portable document (pdf) format which allow archiving or emailing to prospective customers or other marketing purposes
• Mating Predictor: Facilitates planned matings by allowing breeders to enter a sire or sires by Registration No. and then select females by Registration No. or from their herd inventory.
• Online Registry: This service, launched in the Fall 2003 allows breeders to update inventories, register animals & submit weaning and yearling data electronically as opposed to the traditional method of filling out forms by hand. All reports currently mailed using traditional methods of submitting data are now available as downloads in PDF format eliminating the need to wait on traditional mail service to deliver them.
If you have any questions regarding any of these internet search tools please contact the AHA’s customer service department at 816-842-3757.
State associations and Hereford breeders can utilize “He Want’s it All” ads in local and state publications or sale catalogs. To download AHA ads in three different sizes and color or black-and-white, visit HerefordResource.com. Also available is a one-page fact sheet about Hereford EPDs.
Steer exhibitors at the 2016 Junior National Hereford Expo (JNHE) must submit DNA for their steers by April 1, before they can enter for the show (according to new AHA rule, all steers must have a basic DNA test on file at the association). Once exhibitors have received the DNA results, the exhibitor can then ENTER his or her steer for the JNHE.