Dams of Distinction
- Weaned a calf born since Jan. 1, 2014.
- Produced at least three calves.
- Initially calved at 30 months of age or less.
- Had an interval between the first and second calves of no greater than 400 days. In addition, a 370-day calving interval must have been maintained after her second calf. The longer initial calving interval allows breeders to calve 2-year-old heifers prior to the mature cow herd.
- Had weaning records submitted to the AHA Whole Herd Total Performance Records (TPR™) Program for every calf produced that was born before June 30, 2015.
- Had a progeny average 205-day adjusted weaning weight ratio of at least 105.
Tune in to RFD TV on Monday, Aug. 29 at 8 p.m. central as the Hereford Youth Foundation of America and National Junior Hereford Association showcase Hereford youth programs and the Junior National Hereford Expo on RFD-TV's The American Rancher show. RFD TV is channel 231 on Dish and 345 on DirecTV. Thanks for watching, hope you enjoy the show.
The Harvest II is less than a week away! View the catalog for a supreme line up of embryos, semen, trips and more online. If you are unable to join us in wine country, visit liveauctions.tv to bid online. The auction will be held Saturday night at 7:30 p.m. All proceeds support Hereford youth through scholarships and education. Check out the offering today.
Highlighting the scholarship offering this fall is a special gift from Jack and Donna Vanier of CK Ranch, Brookville, Kan. The Vanier family will award a $10,000 Vanier Family Scholarship to 10 Hereford youth who demonstrate a strong work ethic, commitment to higher education and have overcome obstacles in his or her life. Vanier Family Scholarships willl total $100,000 in 2016. View press release.