Dams of Distinction
- Weaned a calf born since Jan. 1, 2013.
- Produced at least three calves.
- Initially calved at 30 months of age or less.
- Had an interval between the first and second calves of no greater than 400 days. In addition, a 370-day calving interval must have been maintained after her second calf. The longer initial calving interval allows breeders to calve 2-year-old heifers prior to the mature cow herd.
- Had weaning records submitted to the AHA Whole Herd Total Performance Records (TPR™) Program for every calf produced that was born before June 30, 2014.
- Had a progeny average 205-day adjusted weaning weight ratio of at least 105.
Plan to join us in Kansas City Oct. 30 through Nov. 1 for the 2015 Annual Meeting. Hereford enthusiasts from across the U.S. will enjoy three days of events and activities including educational forums, the Annual Meeting and the National Hereford Show during the American Royal. For more information including the schedule of events and hotel reservations, go to AHA Annual Meeting.
Effective Sept. 1, 2015, the cost of the basic DNA profile also known as a parentage SNP profile will increase to $38. The cost of GE-EPD (genomic-enhanced expected progeny difference) tests and combination packages of GE-EPD test with the basic DNA profile or horn/poll tests will remain the same as they have been since late 2014.
Thanks to the supporters of the Hereford Research Foundation, including donors, buyers and bidders, the AHA is able to continue to invest in industry leading research. During the fourth annual auction to benefit the Hereford Research Foundation July 23, 13 lots were sold on BuyHereford.com grossing $38,500. The top selling lot was the opportunity to purchase embryos from Knoll Crest Farm, Red House, Va. Falling River Farm, Concord, Va., paid $8,000 for Lot 4. >> Read More Highlights