Dams of Distinction
- Weaned a calf born since Jan. 1, 2013.
- Produced at least three calves.
- Initially calved at 30 months of age or less.
- Had an interval between the first and second calves of no greater than 400 days. In addition, a 370-day calving interval must have been maintained after her second calf. The longer initial calving interval allows breeders to calve 2-year-old heifers prior to the mature cow herd.
- Had weaning records submitted to the AHA Whole Herd Total Performance Records (TPR™) Program for every calf produced that was born before June 30, 2014.
- Had a progeny average 205-day adjusted weaning weight ratio of at least 105.
Thursday, Oct. 15 is the early-bird registration deadline for the 2016 World Hereford Conference. The 17th World Hereford Conference is scheduled for April 18-25, 2016, in Montevideo, Uruguay. Hereford breeders can save up to $300 registering for the conference now. Susan Croll, Arrowhead Hills Travel, is available to help coordinate travel for American Hereford Association members. She can be reached at 620-364-5871 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plan now to attend the Hereford activities during the 2016 National Western Stock Show (NWSS) in Denver Jan. 14-16.
Hereford enthusiasts will enjoy three days of events and activities including an educational forum, the Annual Meeting and the National Hereford Show during the American Royal. For more information including the schedule of events and hotel reservations, go to AHA Annual Meeting.
A highlight of the weekend will be "Celebrate the Brand 1501 Wyandotte." Join us Friday evening as we will celebrate 20 years of the CHB Program and recognize our Hall of Fame and scholarship winners. You can now purchase tickets online. Order tickets prior to Oct. 20 for $50 per ticket after Oct. 20 the cost will be $75.