Dams of Distinction
- Weaned a calf born since Jan. 1, 2012.
- Produced at least three calves.
- Initially calved at 30 months of age or less.
- Had an interval between the first and second calves of no greater than 400 days. In addition, a 370-day calving interval must have been maintained after her second calf. The longer initial calving interval allows breeders to calve 2-year-old heifers prior to the mature cow herd.
- Had weaning records submitted to the AHA Whole Herd Total Performance Records (TPR™) Program for every calf produced that was born before June 30, 2013.
- Had a progeny average 205-day adjusted weaning weight ratio of at least 105.
A tentative 2014 Annual Meeting agenda is available online. Plan to join us in Kansas City Oct. 31 through Nov. 2.
Friday evening, Sept. 5, aboard the Showboat Branson Belle, the Hereford Research Foundation will host "The Cutting Edge Sale." There will be 14 lots. For complete lot information, visit HerefordGeneticSummit.com, for contact Jack Ward at 816-842-3757.
Registration is open for the Hereford Genetic Summit. Visit HerefordGeneticSummit.com for a schedule and to register online.