Dams of Distinction
- Weaned a calf born since Jan. 1, 2013.
- Produced at least three calves.
- Initially calved at 30 months of age or less.
- Had an interval between the first and second calves of no greater than 400 days. In addition, a 370-day calving interval must have been maintained after her second calf. The longer initial calving interval allows breeders to calve 2-year-old heifers prior to the mature cow herd.
- Had weaning records submitted to the AHA Whole Herd Total Performance Records (TPR™) Program for every calf produced that was born before June 30, 2014.
- Had a progeny average 205-day adjusted weaning weight ratio of at least 105.
Applications for the American Hereford Association (AHA) Executive Vice President and Association Secretary position are due April 8. Downlad the job description for more information about the application process.
>> Read More
In observation of Good Friday the American Hereford Association office will be closed Friday, April 3.
The American Hereford Association (AHA) Board of Directors announced the formation of a search committee to assist with the selection of a new Executive Vice President and Association Secretary. A job description is now available online and applications are due April 8, 2015.
>> Read More