Dams of Distinction
- Weaned a calf born since Jan. 1, 2013.
- Produced at least three calves.
- Initially calved at 30 months of age or less.
- Had an interval between the first and second calves of no greater than 400 days. In addition, a 370-day calving interval must have been maintained after her second calf. The longer initial calving interval allows breeders to calve 2-year-old heifers prior to the mature cow herd.
- Had weaning records submitted to the AHA Whole Herd Total Performance Records (TPR™) Program for every calf produced that was born before June 30, 2014.
- Had a progeny average 205-day adjusted weaning weight ratio of at least 105.
If you enjoy taking photos of Hereford cattle this contest is for you. Each month the American Hereford Association (AHA) will announce a theme for photo submissions. Entries will be judged by a panel of industry experts. The panel will select the top five submissions that will then vie for a “People’s Choice Award” on the BuyHereford Facebook Page. >> Learn More
Do you need help with the new online registry system, MyHerd.org? Or would like to see how the new system works before signing up? Join the MyHerd team for a webinar on how to get started with MyHerd.org. Participants will learn about the customized home screen for pedigree and performance members. The team will demonstrate how to register calves in real-time and transfer owned animals electronically. This is also an opportunity to ask questions and get virtual help.
>> Learn More
Junior National Hereford Expo packets mailed April 1 to all active National Junior Hereford Association members. This year's JNHE will be in Grand Island, Neb., June 27 to July 3. The early bird entry deadline is May 1 and final deadline is June 1. Visit the JNHE Entry page for more information.