Rules and Classifications
The American Hereford Association (AHA) show committee approved the following show classifications for the 2013-14 show season. The decision to have both a Hereford and polled Hereford show or to have a combined show will be left up to the discretion of the state breed associations and show management.
1. Spring heifer calves calved after May 1.
2. Spring heifer calves calved March 1 to April 30.
3. Junior heifer calves calved Feb. 1 to Feb. 29.
4. Junior heifer calves calved Jan. 1 to Jan. 31.
5. Winter heifer calves calved Nov. 1 to Dec. 31.
6. Senior heifer calves calved Aug. 1 to Oct. 31
7. Late summer yearling heifers calved June 16 to July 31
8. Early summer yearling heifers calved May 1 to June 15
9. Spring yearling heifers calved March 1 to April 30.
10. Junior yearling heifers calved Jan. 1 to Feb. 29.
11. Senior yearling heifers calved Aug. 1 to Dec. 31
• Senior yearlings do not show after the first of the year (Denver and Ft. Worth).
12. Cow-calf (Any female older than the above ages with a calf at side.)
• If the cow is horned and the calf polled, then the pair shows in the horned cow-calf class, and if the cow is
polled and the calf is horned, then the pair shows in the polled cow-calf class.
• Calf is eligible for individual classes but must be entered in the appropriate class.
• Cow-calf does not compete for overall champion female.
Junior Heifer Calves Class(s) 3 & 4
2. Spring bull calves calved March 1 to April 30.
3. Junior bull calves calved Feb. 1 to Feb. 29.
4. Junior bull calves calved Jan. 1 to Jan. 31.
5. Winter bull calves calved Nov. 1 to Dec. 31.
6. Senior bull calves calved Aug. 1 to Oct. 31.
7. Late summer yearling bulls calved June 16 to July 31.
8. Early summer yearling bulls calved May 1 to June 15.
9. Spring yearling bulls calved March 1 to April 30.
10. Junior yearling bulls calved Jan. 1 to Feb. 29.
11. Senior yearling bulls calved Aug. 1 to Dec. 31.
12. Two-year-old bulls calved Jan. 1 to July 31
Spring Bull Calves Class(es) 1 & 2
Junior Bull Calves Class(es) 3 & 4
Fall Bull Calves Class(es) 5 & 6
Intermediate Bulls Class(es) 7 & 8
Yearling Bulls Class(es) 9 & 10
Senior Bulls Class(es) 11 & 12
Alabama National Fair, Montgomery, Ala.
Appalachian District Fair, Gray, Tenn.
Arkansas State Fair, Little Rock, Ark.
Dixie National, Jackson, Miss.
Florida State Fair, Tampa, Fla.
Kentucky State Fair, Louisville, Ky.
Louisiana State Fair, Shreveport, La.
North Carolina State Fair, Raleigh, N.C.
South Carolina State Fair, Columbia, S.C.
Tennessee State Fair, Nashville, Tenn.
Williamson County Fair, Franklin, Tenn.
Arizona National Livestock Show, Phoenix
California State Fair, Sacramento, Calif.
Cow Palace, San Francisco
Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, Houston
New Mexico State Fair, Albuquerque, N.M.
San Antonio Livestock Show, San Antonio
Sonoma County Fair, Santa Rosa, Calif.
State Fair of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City
State Fair of Texas, Dallas
Utah State Fair, Salt Lake City
West Texas Fair, Abilene, Texas
Colorado State Fair, Pueblo, Colo.
Kansas State Fair, Hutchinson, Kan.
Nebraska State Fair, Lincoln, Neb.
NILE, Billings, Mont.
Oregon State Fair, Salem, Ore.
Red River Valley Fair, Fargo, N.D.
South Dakota State Fair, Huron, S.D.
Western Idaho Fair, Boise, Idaho
Western Washington Fair, Puyallup, Wash.
Wyoming State Fair, Douglas, Wyo.
Eastern National, Timonium, Md.
Eastern States Expo, W. Springfield, Mass.
Illinois State Fair, Springfield, Ill.
Indiana State Fair, Indianapolis
Iowa State Fair, Des Moines, Iowa
New Jersey State Fair, Augusta, N.J.
New York State Fair, Syracuse, N.Y.
Maryland State Fair, Timonium, Md.
Minnesota State Fair, St. Paul, Minn.
Missouri State Fair, Sedalia, Mo.
Ohio State Fair, Columbus, Ohio
Ozark Empire Fair, Springfield, Mo.
State Fair of West Virginia, Lewisburg, W.Va.
Upper Peninsula State Fair, Detroit
Wisconsin State Fair, W. Allis, Wis.
World Beef Expo, W. Allis, Wis.
The American Hereford Association (AHA) Board of Directors has announced the formation of a search committee to assist with the selection of a new Executive Vice President and Association Secretary. >> Read More
Jack Ward has been named interim Executive Vice President of the American Hereford Association (AHA). Eric Walker, AHA president, announced the appointment following the resignation of Craig Huffhines. “As a Board we agree that naming Jack as interim Executive Vice President is what is best for the Association during this time of transition,” Walker says. “We are confident that Jack will continue business in a seamless and effective manner.”
Do you need help with the new online registry system, MyHerd.org? Or would like to see how the new system works before signing up? Join the MyHerd team for a webinar on how to get started with MyHerd.org. Participants will learn about the customized home screen for pedigree and performance members. The team will demonstrate how to register calves in real-time and transfer owned animals electronically. This is also an opportunity to ask questions and get virtual help.
>> Learn More