Each spring following the genetic analysis a Sire Summary is produced, which includes a listing of all active sires. The summary also includes an explanation of EPDs, genetic trends, heritability estimates, trait correlations, and percentile breakdown of EPDs.
- 2013 Spring Sire Summary - Preface
- 2013 Spring Sire Summary - Proven Sires (90 pages)
- 2013 Spring Sire Summary - Reference Sires (26 pages)
- 2013 Spring Sire Summary - Young Sires (73 pages)
- 2013 Spring Sire Summary - Carcass Sires (77 pages)
In November 2010 the AHA Board implemented a policy requiring DNA on all future walking herd sires. Therefore, any sire born after Jan. 1, 2011, must have DNA on file at the official AHA lab — GeneSeek Inc. — prior to registering calves out of that bull.
>> more information
On April 9, 2013, the American Hereford Association (AHA) released new genomic-enhanced expected progeny differences (GE-EPDs) based on new correlations updated because of the addition of more than 2,000 animals with 50K genotypes. >> Read more
Check out these DNA testing resources:
• DNA Testing Procedures Fact Sheet
• How to Collect Samples video
To request DNA kits or for more information, contact Toni Shapiro at 816-842-3757 or firstname.lastname@example.org.